I was working on this post called "100 Random Things About Me" after I found it on several other people's blogs and though it was fun. But I'm at 75 and I'm stumped. I'm fairly sure not even sure everything that's here is all that exciting.
Plus, since I'm likely to run out of interesting subjects for the September Blog-a-thon, I'm going to break this up into three different posts and spread it out a little.
So here goes:
1. My daughter's middle name, Jewel, is after my maternal grandmother.
2. Grandma Jewel spent the 1970's doing genealogy, back when there was no internet to make it easy. She had to actually travel and write to people.
3. I didn't really get interested in genealogy until my boys were diagnosed with Fragile X. The more I learned about genetics and its effect on us, the more I became interested in my own history.
4. I hated my name as a child. I wanted more than anything to be a Jenny or an Amy.
5. My inlaws were born at the same hospital, 3 weeks apart, my mother in law before my father in law. As my FIL likes to put it, "she was LONG gone by the time I got there."
6. I love to make cookies. Unfortunately I also love to eat cookies, so I don't make them too often.
7. I have trichotillomania. Just the eyebrows. Started when I was around 13, and has continued ever since.
8. Half the time I don't even realize I'm doing it. I do it subconsciously, like when I'm reading or watching TV. In fact, I'm doing it right now. Argh!
9. I used to be really self conscious about it, covering it with my hair, and I was mortified when bangs went out of fashion.
10. I've given up trying to control it or hide it. If if bothers you, don't look at me.
11. In my opinion, nothing of any quality has been on TV since "Friends" and "Will & Grace" went off the air.
12. I hate sitting in the middle of a room. I like to have my back to a wall, if possible.
13. My sense of direction is backwards. If I have a strange feeling I should turn right, I always turn left.
14. I have that childish attitude where if someone tells me to do something, I have a strong urge to do the opposite.
15. I'm not much for camping. I'm more of a hotel-and-room-service kind of girl.
16. That's not to say I don't enjoy the outdoors. I'm all for walking trails and sight-seeing. I'll even do the campfire-roasting-marshmallows thing. But when that's over, I want a hot shower and comfortable bed in an air-conditioned room with HBO.
17. My blood type is AB negative.
18. I haven't given blood since high school, when I passed out, hit my head on the gym floor, and got a concussion.
19. I read an average of 2 books a week.
20 For me one of the hardest things about dieting is the fruit. I don't really like fruit. Vegetables are good, fruit, not so good.
21. I love long-haired white cats. I used to have a white cat and every time I see one now, I want it. Currently I have a black and white cat.
22. I hated high school.
23. I loved college.
24. I don't like to be barefoot, ever. In the house I wear crocs. Outside I wear regular shoes. On a beach I grin and bear it.
25. I don't consider myself a democrat, but every time I take one of those quizzes where you answer multiple choice questions about your opinions on different controversial issues, I always end up leaning toward the democratic side.
26-50 tomorrow -- unless I decide to keep you in suspense and hold if off awhile.
Word of the Week 17/01/2020 Health #WotW
1 day ago