I was working on this post called "100 Random Things About Me" after I found it on several other people's blogs and though it was fun. But I'm at 75 and I'm stumped. I'm fairly sure not even sure everything that's here is all that exciting.
Plus, since I'm likely to run out of interesting subjects for the September Blog-a-thon, I'm going to break this up into three different posts and spread it out a little.
So here goes:
1. My daughter's middle name, Jewel, is after my maternal grandmother.
2. Grandma Jewel spent the 1970's doing genealogy, back when there was no internet to make it easy. She had to actually travel and write to people.
3. I didn't really get interested in genealogy until my boys were diagnosed with Fragile X. The more I learned about genetics and its effect on us, the more I became interested in my own history.
4. I hated my name as a child. I wanted more than anything to be a Jenny or an Amy.
5. My inlaws were born at the same hospital, 3 weeks apart, my mother in law before my father in law. As my FIL likes to put it, "she was LONG gone by the time I got there."
6. I love to make cookies. Unfortunately I also love to eat cookies, so I don't make them too often.
7. I have trichotillomania. Just the eyebrows. Started when I was around 13, and has continued ever since.
8. Half the time I don't even realize I'm doing it. I do it subconsciously, like when I'm reading or watching TV. In fact, I'm doing it right now. Argh!
9. I used to be really self conscious about it, covering it with my hair, and I was mortified when bangs went out of fashion.
10. I've given up trying to control it or hide it. If if bothers you, don't look at me.
11. In my opinion, nothing of any quality has been on TV since "Friends" and "Will & Grace" went off the air.
12. I hate sitting in the middle of a room. I like to have my back to a wall, if possible.
13. My sense of direction is backwards. If I have a strange feeling I should turn right, I always turn left.
14. I have that childish attitude where if someone tells me to do something, I have a strong urge to do the opposite.
15. I'm not much for camping. I'm more of a hotel-and-room-service kind of girl.
16. That's not to say I don't enjoy the outdoors. I'm all for walking trails and sight-seeing. I'll even do the campfire-roasting-marshmallows thing. But when that's over, I want a hot shower and comfortable bed in an air-conditioned room with HBO.
17. My blood type is AB negative.
18. I haven't given blood since high school, when I passed out, hit my head on the gym floor, and got a concussion.
19. I read an average of 2 books a week.
20 For me one of the hardest things about dieting is the fruit. I don't really like fruit. Vegetables are good, fruit, not so good.
21. I love long-haired white cats. I used to have a white cat and every time I see one now, I want it. Currently I have a black and white cat.
22. I hated high school.
23. I loved college.
24. I don't like to be barefoot, ever. In the house I wear crocs. Outside I wear regular shoes. On a beach I grin and bear it.
25. I don't consider myself a democrat, but every time I take one of those quizzes where you answer multiple choice questions about your opinions on different controversial issues, I always end up leaning toward the democratic side.
26-50 tomorrow -- unless I decide to keep you in suspense and hold if off awhile.
#youmightbeanautismparentif 2012 in review 9/11 memories ABA therapy Acceptance acronyms advocacy affection aggression AJ Aliza Aliza the playwright All I really need to know... Alphabitty Moments American Girl Ann Coulter antibullying anxiety anxiety in parents of children with special needs apple orchard apps for autism AppSmitten Arbaclofen Arbitrary Thoughts ARC autism autism brushing autism portrayed in TV shows Autism Shines awareness backyard band baseball bath toys beds behavior problems being tall Birthday Boys biting blog change blog hop blogging books bottles brushing bubbles Burnsville Fire Muster bus Cabin Fever in Minnesota candy Carly Fleischmann Carly's Voice cats cats and dogs chewys Chicago childcare for special needs children childhood Children's Museum chocolate Christmas Church circumin clinical trials Clonidine CNN Hero of 2011 coffee communication comparisons computer Conference cost of special education Courage Center Curcumin daddy dance dance competition dance moms Dental surgery dentist developmental milestones diagnosis diapers Diego Disability Day dogs Dolphin Tale Doomsday Preparation Dora Doritos drug trials DVD player early intervention earrings Easter ECSE Parent Retreat electronic gadgets electronics Everything I need to know... Evil Overlord fall falling asleep at school families family fashion fear Featured Feel Good Friday field trip fireworks first day of school Flash Gordon Food Chronicles food issues in Fragile X and autistic children forms forts Fragile Face of God Fragile X Fragile X advocate Fragile X and autism Fragile X Awareness Day Fragile X carriers Fragile X in the news Fragile X presentation Fragile X statistics Fragile X Writers friends fundraiser for Fragile X funniest Funny Gabrielle Giffords Galveston games getting carsick Girls' Night Out Giving Spirit glasses global warming going home Good Morning Great Quotes guest blogs guest post haircuts Halloween hearing test Heaven is for Real hippotherapy holidays Holland Holly home life homework hotel hugging human behavior hyperactivity IEP Meeting IEPs in the news inclusion inspiration integration iPad iPad apps iPad apps for autism IQ testing Jack Jablonski January First Joke journal entry kids with Fragile X and animals Kindergarten Kindle kisses language study learning to talk leaves lemonade stand Lily Little Einsteins losing teeth Mad Gab makeup mall Mall of America marcia braden McDonalds media sensationalization medications Melatonin Miami MIND Institute Minnesota Bloggers Conference minocycline Miracle League monkeys mosquito bites Mother's Day movies MVMOM Used Clothing and Equipment Sale nail trimming names naughtiness neighbors nicknames nightmares normal off topic one thing leads to another online dating Operation Beautiful oral sensory orphan drug act other bloggers Our Wedding outside overstimulation panic attacks parade parental stress Parenthood park Partners in Policymaking penicillin people with disabilities pets pharmacy fun photography Photoshop picnic Pictures pinching pink shirt Pinterest playing outside playing with toys poem politics poop potty training Presents protecting autistic children rash reading to kids research Retreat riding a bike Robin Williams Roger Ebert routine RSS feed RUSH University San Diego Sandy Hook Elementary Santa schedules school school bus school notes school pictures screaming self image self-checkouts sensory Seroquel siblings with developmental delays sick kids sippy cups sleep smile snow pictures Snowstorm social situations speaking of the unspeakable special education special education evaluation special needs kids special needs parents Special Needs Ryan Gosling Special Olympics spelling spoon feeding spring break staying positive stimming Strep STX209 Stylish Blog Award suicide summer Sunday School Sundays sunshine survival mode swimming talking talking to kindergarteners Target teacher's aides Teeth brushing Tegretol Temple Grandin Ten Commandments textbook case of Fragile X thankful thanksgiving that window/mirror thing The Autism Store The R Word the rapid passage of time The Right Things to say to parents of special needs children The Santa Experience the Shedd Aquarium The Twin Thing The Wiggles therapeutic horseback riding therapy This is Autism topless trampoline traveling with special needs children TV twins with special needs Twitter typical Fragile X characteristics typical kids typing vacation Vacation Bible School video games videos volunteering Waisman Center water play way-back-Wednesday What I've Learned What's your song? when a special needs parent dies Wiggles Wii games Winner Winner Chicken Dinner winter wonder Wonder Pets Wordful Wednesday Wordless Wednesday Words of Wisdom World Autism Awareness Day YMCA You Tube Zack Zoloft zoo animals