First off, I was recently honored with a blogging award -- the Stylish Blogger Award:
I am twice blessed because I was awarded this from two bloggers! A wonderful Fragile X mom-blogger who writes at My Journey Through Motherhood sent it to me first, and before I could finish this post, I got a second - from Michelle at Let's Make a Difference. Thanks to you both, and right back at ya - your blogs are quite stylish as well! Check them both out!
There are a few steps to take, in accepting this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person that has given you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 10-15 blogs you feel deserve the award
4. Contact these bloggers and let then know about the award.
So, #1 is done.
I feel like all I do is share things about myself here, but I'll try to come up with 7 originals:
1. I'm thinking about starting a completely anonymous blog and not telling a single soul about it, and see if I can get followers and be "found" just on the merits of the words I write. I might try it later this spring or this summer, if I can find time to put it together.
2. I am pretty sure I think I'm funnier than anyone else thinks.
3. I recently started using a new facial moisturizer and this morning I decided my skin is worse for it. I have a couple of zits and a couple of itchy spots. I'm switching back to what I was using before. I won't name the stuff I'm quitting, but the stuff I'm going back to is Dove Energy Glow medium tone tanning lotion -- it's not even specifically for the face. But it's been working for me.
4. This week I had a conference with the boys' teachers. It was just a formality really, because it happens to be parent-teacher conference time. We did all our the talking and planning we needed to do at the IEP meeting but it was still nice to get together with them and talk about the boys. Both boys are getting along well with the kids in their class. Zack spontaneously hugged a kid this week. Hugged! Their teacher said it was so awesome to see him have contact with another kid that didn't involve biting or pinching! I think it freaked out the other kid a little, it was a tiny little guy (and Zack is a taller than some 2nd graders), but it came out fine.
5. I read a lot. That's probably not news. Another blog I'd like to start is a reading blog, but there are only so many hours in the day, and I have 3 kids, so snowballs in hell stand a better shot at making it through the day than does that idea.
6. Tomorrow is the Used Clothing & Equipment Sale that our club, MVMOM, has been working toward for the last 6 months. MVMOM has held these sales twice yearly since 1975 and it's has grown almost every year. I've talked about it and posted pictures here before so this may all ring some bells for you. Click on the link at the top of the right hand bar to find out more about it. Check out this link to see an article about our club in the local Sun Current news! We also hope to make the 10:00 PM news tonight on local station WCCO! It's been an exciting year so for for MVMOM!
7. 6 is going to have to do for now. I have to get the car packed up and head over to the gym to set up for the big sale tomorrow!
So, on to my Stylish Blogs. I was curious as to what I should be looking for exactly, so I looked up the definition of stylish.
characterized by or conforming to style or the fashionable standard; fashionably elegant; smart or chic: She wore a very stylish gown to the inaugural ball.
So I am looking for blogs that not only are interesting and fun to read, but pretty! Here's my list. It's up to them whether they accept and continue the giving.
And the Stylish Blogger Award goes to....
... is a great Fragile X family blog. I think she already got the Stylish Blogger Award from someone but I second that. She is funny and sweet and cute and tells the Fragile X story so well.
... is another awesome Fragile X family blog. The author promotes a lot of Fragile X awareness and is hilarious to boot.
Salt in Surburbia
... is a relatively new blog by a mom of twins that I know. Her twins also have autism and her perspective is honest and unique and real.
The Girl Next Door Grows Up
... is my favorite, I think, partially because not long ago I met The Girl in person, and she's so fun and smart and witty. Her posts are never dull. She's on hiatus right now while she revamps her blog, but keep her bookmarked, because when she's back, she's going to be better than ever!
...a twin mom I know who travels with her twins regularly. Lots of great tips on flying with little ones and cute pictures!
...yet another twin mom. This mom should be The President, because she gets more done in one day than I do in a month. She has 4 children, one of them an infant, she attends school full time and has served on the Mothers of Multiples board for 2 years. She could eliminate world hunger in her spare time.
Big Teeth and Clouds
... is a blog by a mom of a child with hearing loss. I love lots of blogs by special needs parents, and I'm not sure I could tell you why this one strikes a chord with me so much. Our children's needs are so different, and yet I relate to so much of what she writes about.
... she does book reviews, and she's dark and goth -- you have to love her!
The Scoop on Poop
... funny and pretty -- not how you'd expect poop to look. And you might recall from this post that I'm a little obsessed with discussions on bodily functions.
... if there were a specific award for designing a blog to look like what your theme is, this one should win it. She's thoughtful and interesting. They are raising rabbits to eat. I'm cringing a little at that, but following along to see how that goes.
Everything I Like Causes Cancer
... I'd like to award this one the "Best Blog Title" award. The name sucked me in, and the content does not disappoint.
That's all I got for now. I'm spreading blog love all over the world today, and I think that is a pretty good "Feel Good Friday" post if I ever had one!
Feel Good Friday comes from The Girl Next Door Grows Up, and is currently being maintained by Lia Sophia Girl. Check that one out too, her blog is bright and shiny and fun!
Post a Comment